Purple♡Hearts 4 Butterflies


This is to be a SAFE Place to Blog, Get Information, Read Stories & Articles, Listen to touching Music Videos, Pray and Share our Inner Discoveries; How we are Renewing our Lives Through God's GRACE AND HEALING Power!


One Day at a Time....One Moment at a Time....
Through Sharing, Praying....and God Perfect Timing....





Thursday, August 25, 2011

Documentary about Effectively Addressing Child Sexual Abuse


WordPress.com

Documentary about Effectively Addressing Child Sexual Abuse

 
 
 
 
 
 

Documentary about Effectively Addressing Child Sexual Abuse

Two years ago I became an advocate for my niece after learning she was sexually abused. In my search to find healing and available resources for her, I spoke to many people including social workers, child protective services, police officers, teachers, therapists and child advocates.
This experience pushed me to find the resources and answers needed to address child sexual abuse(CSA) and along the way led me to ask more questions.
In my search I found extraordinary people dedicated to ending CSA.  These individuals and organizations provided awareness, insight on policies that need to change, prevention, and healing techniques, along with workshops that were completely new approaches in addressing CSA.  Also, I learned new ways for officials to approach and identify children who are being sexually abused and new techniques for them to treat the trauma.
As a filmmaker, I was immediately inspired to create a film that addresses the issues surrounding the state and the specific policies that need to change to move forward, healing from CSA, the impact child sexual abuse has on emotional health, and highlight the extraordinary non-profit organizations and individuals dedicated to ending child sexual abuse. The film interweaves personal stories and expert testimonials that will provide a blueprint for how to address and prevent CSA. The website for the film is coming soon.
The film is part of a multimedia project that will feature a website with resources, comments from the community and profound stories. My team and I will also create a traveling exhibit to be installed in museums.
The inspiration came from advocating for my niece, but also from my many friends who have shared their stories of unbelievable strength. I will be sharing my experience on future blogs. Feel free to send any comments and follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/traceyquezada.
Love,
Tracey Quezada
Producer, Writer, Director


WordPress
Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://subscribe.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, comment or would like to share something from your heart that pertains to post? Please share, I will moderate it so if you don't want it published just say so.(remember we help others by sharing our experiences)